The Twin Plumbers: What to Do if Your Water Heater is Leaking
Your water heater is more important than you might realize. A broken or damaged water heater can not only stop heating water, it may cause health problems as well. If your water heater is on the fritz, do yourself a favor and call up The Twin Plumbers to handle the repairs. The 5 most common signs your water heater needs repairs are:
1. Temperature problems: The most obvious sign your water heater needs repair is if you can no longer get hot water in your home. There can also be problems if your water is too hot, or just coming out lukewarm no matter how high you crank the heat.
2. Rust colored water: If your water is starting to show some odd color when it comes out of the faucet or shower, there could be rust inside of your heater. This might indicate a threat to your health and you should call a water heater repair expert right away.
3. Smelly water: Does your water smell a bit funny to you? Your water heater’s tank may be playing host to bacteria can cause this smell and also lead to health problems.
4. Strange sounds: If you hear a popping noise or high pitched whining coming from your water heater there could be a buildup of sediment somewhere in the heater. The sounds you hear aren’t dangerous (yet), but they can signal serious problems down the road and you should call for repairs before real damage is done to your water heater.
5. Leaking tank: Water heater leaks are a very serious problem and can cause flooding. If you see water around your water heater it could even mean you need a replacement.
You should check your water heater to confirm the problem, and then call The Twin Plumbers right away. Rather than risk thousands of dollars of potential damage or replace your entire water heater, it’s best to contact experts who can solve the problem quickly and determine the course of action that works best for you and your family.
For any water heater repair needs, call The Twin Plumbers today!