Tub to shower conversions are some of the most popular bathroom makeover requests we get here, due to the aging population & it’s a great option for people with physical challenges getting in and out of a tub.
How Do I Find A Tub To Shower Conversion Company? – Kayla from Simi Valley
Connect with friends & family members or your neighbors.
If you’re going to go online, Google: tub to shower conversion companies near me.
This is a great google search term that may provide you with ACTUAL companies that specialize in the tub to shower conversion in Los Angeles and check their reviews.
Can’t I Just Hire A Handy Man To Convert My Tub To AShower? – Dan From Santa Clarita
You can certainly try, but by far the “wet area” which is the 3 inside walls of your tub and shower stall, cause the most damage in a home.
If this area is not installed properly it can result in major leaks, mold, water damage, and structural damage.
TWIN FACT: Twin Home Experts replaces 1 out of 10 bathrooms that were not installed properly, and we’ve seen it cost double for repairs.
When hiring a tub to shower conversion company in your area, ask these questions:
- What is your bond amount? (Should be 10 to 15k) if they don’t have a bond, then say bye bye.
- Having a bond from whomever you hire provides you extra insurance in case they perform bad work or don’t show up after you’ve given them money.
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Let them know you only want to give them $1000.00 down at the end of the first day upon completion of the demo and clean up. Then with each task that is completed is when you make progress payments.
If you follow this you will never be out of money and more then likely your contractor will show up and get the job done.
What Does A Bath Planet Tub To ShowerCost? – Jenna From Agoura Hills
Twin Home Experts was a Bath Planet dealer at one time, so we know the average cost for a tub to shower conversion in Los Angeles.
This material is made of acrylic. It’s manufactured in Chicago, so shipping cost gets expensive to a bath planet dealer.
The average costs for a bath planet tub to shower conversion standard size of 60 by 32 inch opening with grab bars, sliding glass semi-frameless doors, new shower valve, new custom color such as the most popular color that bath planet sells is silver-white marble with matching shower pan: COST: $8500.00 to $10,500.
Make sure you check the reviews of your local bath planet dealer, NOT all dealers are created equal.
TWIN TIP: Stay away from Bath Planet’s shower valves called “liquid accents”
We have had major noise issues. They can offer you a Moen or Delta, much better brand in our opinion.
Luxury Bath Technologies Cost
Luxury Bath Technologies of Pacific coast is just another acrylic bathroom remodeling company out of Valencia, CA.
It’s a new 1-year-old company. We have run into many estimates as a second opinion, provided to customers by Luxury Bath Technologies.
We have seen Luxury Bath Technologies’ average charge for a tub to shower conversion anywhere from $7,500.00 to $10,900.00.
They may be higher, this is just our observation from customer feedback to us.
This is a company that is not so prevalent here on the west coast.
They’re another acrylic system that goes over the existing tile walls.
The downside is they don’t have the custom colors like bath planet and the system is not as robust.
The cost we hear could range from $5,500.00 to $9500.00.
Home Depot Tub To Shower Conversion Costs?
Home Depot just closed their tub to shower conversion department.
The challenge with a Home Depot installing, was that they hired subcontractors, so…
You had to factor this into the cost.
We hear Home Depot costs were between $9,500.00 to $15,500.00.
Twin Home Experts Tub To Shower Conversion Cost? – Joan From Encino
Cost is the most frequent question we get all the time here.
We are truly proud to say we are the only company in Los Angeles, San Fernando and Ventura county that offers more options in the tub to shower conversions, so our pricing options will be much different from our competitors.
What are the Twin Home Experts tub to shower conversion options and costs?
NOTE: These numbers include plumbing upgrades, mold removal, framing, city permits & fees and long term warranties.
- Tile tub to shower conversion costs: $8,500.00-$18,500.00
- Acrylic tub to shower conversion cost: $7,500.00-$12,500
- Step through tub to shower conversion cost: $1,500.00-$3,500
Call the Twins today and ask about their tub to shower financing! 818-623-8739
I Don’t Have A Lot Of Money To Spend On A Tub To Shower Conversion, Any Other Alternatives? – Billy From West Hollywood
Yes, there is. You can keep your existing tub and do a cutout and add the step-through tub insert.
This cost with labor & materials is between $1,500.00 to $3,500.00.
Check out this video here:
What Are The Differences Between Curbed Vs Curbless Shower Pans? – Beth From Long Beach
A curbed shower pan serves as the floor or base to direct the water to the drain. The curb is really what they call the threshold, or where you enter the shower when the door or curtain is open. A single curb or edge is about 2 “ to 6 “ high, that you must step over to enter.
A Curbless or barrier-free shower pan have no threshold because there usually intended for homes where family members use a wheelchair or walker.
The curb less shower pan really makes it easier for individuals that are mobility impaired to easily get in & out of the shower without falling.
When You Convert Your Tub To A Shower, Watch For These Things And Make Sure Your Covered With Your Contractor:
- Mold & mildew: Here at the Twin Home Experts, we are fully certified in mold removal, so when we run into mold during demolition, it’s included.
- Dry rot: We’ve seen others install panels over the dry rotted wood, make sure you see the framing prior to install of any new walls.
- Old Plumbing: Now is the time to upgrade any old plumbing, particularly a new shower valve that is pressure balancing -that controls temperature & pressure.
- Drain System: Make sure a camera is run inside the drain system prior to installing a new shower pan and closing everything up.
- Finished ceiling height: make sure your contractor finishes the ceiling height at least 80”.
- Toilet distance: Make sure the distance from the front of the toilet to shower wall is 21 inches minimum, 30 inches is recommended.
- Shower doors swing: Should clear all obstructions, especially the toilet & vanity. You’d be surprised what we run into.
- Dust control: Make sure during the demolition phase, there are dust control measures in place. We use air scrubber and very tight sealed containment’s during our removal process, this ensures keeping your home clean.
Twin Helpful Tips: Converting Tub To Shower Plumbing:
This is super important folks.
Most bathroom contractors don’t have a C-36 plumbing license & come from the plumbing trade, such as luxury bath technologies.
Plumbing upgrade from a tub drain which is only
1 1/2 “ to a shower drain has to be upgraded to a 2”.
So make sure your tub to shower conversion company near you includes in his contract this verbiage:
“Includes removal of existing 1 ½” inch drain and P-trap and upsizing to a 2” drain.
This is super important, if not you will experience drainage issues later on.
How Long Does It Take To Convert A Tub To A Shower? – Melanie In Brentwood CA.
The time that it takes really depends on what your installing, the age of the home, plumbing and materials that are going to be used.
If your going with tile, and all new plumbing, this can take 7 to 12 days.
If your going with fiberglass or acrylic, with all new plumbing this can take 2 to 4 days.
Here at the Twin Home Experts, we’ve done it in one day. Check out our video here:
How Much Do Shower Doors Cost When Converting A Tub To Shower? – George From Glendale
Shower doors can range from a high of $2500.00 to a low of about $750.00. It truly depends on how custom you want to go.
Check out our showroom with different selections and Dave describing prices along the way.
Tub to shower conversions are a great investment and most of all create safety for your family members, as long as they’re done properly.
- Make sure you increase the shower size as much as possible.
- Make sure you have your tub to shower conversion company terminate walls up to the ceiling.
- Make sure you hire a licensed, bonded well-reviewed company that has been in business for at least 5 years or more.
- Make sure they raise your shower head height, most are to low.
- Make sure they provide proper backing inside the wall for safety bars, and bench sitting
Here’s one of our most touching tub to shower conversions in Los Angeles with our random acts of Twin-fullness:
Call The Twins Today, if you’d like further information or would like our mobile bathroom
to stop by for a free estimate, you can even come by and visit us at our bath showroom located at 7243 Woodley Ave, Van Nuys, Ca 91406.
Interested in immediate, expert help for your potential leak or mold damage? Call us, and we will give you our best advice on finding the source and minimizing damage.
Call Us Now
Twin Home Experts is an amazing company to work with! Always accommodating, on time and extremely professional! Our go-to company for any and all plumbing needs, they are amazing!
– J. Young