Gas leak detections are a not as common as a typical water leak detection here in Los Angeles.
Twin Home Experts have been performing gas leak detections in Los Angeles for a long time. When there was no gas leak detection equipment available, we used the old soap and bubble trick! Believe it or not, that method is still sometimes the best way to locate gas leaks.
Most homeowners don’t know who to call when they have a gas leak, so they call their local gas company. Most of the time these guys do an overall great FREE job guiding the homeowner in the right direction. Most of all, they come out and protect your home.
Gas Leak Detection
If the gas company cannot locate the leak at your appliances, then they will shut the gas off to your house, and red tag – stating you must call a leak detection specialist.
So where do you go to find a gas leak detection company? If your friends and family don’t have any referrals, then look to Google.
Search for gas leak detection companies in your zip code, and you should get a few professionals that perform or specialize in gas leak detection.
It’s always best to find a plumber who does leak detection because they should be able to credit leak detection work towards the gas repair or replacement. That’s what we do here at Twin Home Experts!
Setting An Appointment
Before you schedule and have someone come to your home, you want to ask these three questions:
- Do you have the proper electronic gas leak detection equipment?
- Do you do the repairs?
- Do you credit the gas leak detection towards the repair?
If they answer yes, then go to their review sites to make sure they are in good standing, and at least a 3.5 star rating.
Three great Los Angeles gas leak detection experts and plumbers:
- Open 24/7
- Over 30 years in business
- Performed over 600 gas leak detection in Los Angeles and Phoenix Arizona area
- Ran over 10,0000 feet of gas pipe
- Over 700 online reviews at a 4.5 star rating.
American Leak Detection
- Closed after hours
- They do repairs
- Largest leak detection company in the country
Flood Brothers Plumbing
- Open 24/7
- Good reputation as being very honest
- We have seen their gas work, they do a good job
- Pay attention to details and owner involved
- We have heard great things from supply houses
How much is gas leak detection?
Gas leak detection can range from $250 to $2,500. It is dependent on the access of gas lines, how many gas fixtures there are, and a few other things. Most of the time, the average gas leak detection costs around $400 to $700.
I hoped this helped give you some help when it comes to your gas leak detection for your home in Los Angeles.