When it comes to Bathroom mold removal in your Los Angeles property, it’s probably been growing for sometime and now that it’s getting more aggressive in size & color, or maybe your starting to feel health symptoms from it, you now want to do something about it.
Here at the Twin Home Experts, we’ve performed over 830 bathroom mold projects right here in the local Los Angeles area,we not only think it’s smart to remove, but most important we believe in getting to what’s causing the growth first and foremost.
Here are the top 3 causes for mold growth in a bathroom :
1- Plumbing leaks from above or inside a wall slowly leaking.
2- Insufficient air or no exhaust fan while taking a hot steamy shower day after day
3- Water over spray, specifically if you have a shower curtain.
We often get ask from customers “Can I clean it myself”? This is one that’s hard to answer, it’s very difficult to know how toxic the mold condition is, how much compromised materials need to be removed,the other concerns that need to be considered especially if the property is built before 1980, is there Lead & Asbestos present?
If you are going to take the chance, here is the Tools & Materials Needed for Mold Removal Cleanup:
** The following tools are fundamental for “small” areas of 10 square feet or less. They will also make your next mold clean-up job more safe and efficient!
- Safety Goggles
- Window Fan (if window present)
- Rubber Gloves (disposable nitrile gloves)
- Tyvek Coveralls with Hood and Boots (disposable)
- N-95 Respirator (keeps mold spores out of your lungs as well as harmful gases from harsh chemical and ammonia based mold cleaning agents)
- 6 mil Plastic Garbage Bags (for cleanup of contaminated drywall, clothing and other debris)
- 6 mil Visqueen (plastic sheeting to seal off work area and help keep mold spores from spreading throughout rest of residence) you will need blue painters tape & Duck tape.
- Eco-friendly mold cleaning solution)
- Spray Bottle (label your spray bottle for contents as well as safety precautions)
- Mold Cleaning Detergent or Disinfectant such as sporicidon.
- Old Toothbrush or Small Scrub Brush (short soft & medium stiff bristles)
- Sponge and Throw-away Towels
We recommend Here at The Twin Home Experts For projects larger than a 3 x 3 area and which have been subject to flood or sewer damage; a professional certified mold removal Company should be consulted (many times its free for initial estimate)
Being certified in some Great antimicrobial mold products gives us the competitive advantage,customers appreciate our EPA approved and long standing warranties & guarantees.
Bathroom Mold Removal Products We Like:
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Can be used to remove light mold growth from both porous materials such as clothing (be careful to avoid spotting) and is non-toxic.
- Sporicidon this great product can be bought at:McCallas Janitoral supply located 6856 Van Nuys, Ca 91405
“It is not safe to breathe in the gases produced by chlorinated bleach and ammonia (take care to keep bleach and ammonia from mixing together – highly poisonous gases will result from any interaction of the two chemicals). Take appropriate precautions to use proper breathing protection such as a N-95 respirator anytime that you are working with these chemicals – especially in non-ventilated and enclosed areas. Take Care of You and Yours when removing mold with these.”
Once you choose your mold product:
Get your spray bottle and apply the cleaning solution to all visible mold. Also, generously mist any suspect areas that may have mold spores present.
Let sit for a few minutes and scrub-a-dub-dub.this process may have to be repeated a few times.
Once you’ve found the source and remediated, you can hire a company like ourselves to see if you cleaned it properly. A quick air sample or Swab analysis would provide a sure result if you’d cleared or not.
One final note, as a prevention particularly if the mold stems from dew point or sweating while taking a hot shower. Apply a mold inhibitor paint, this really helps removing the food source for mold to go grow in the future.
If you have any other questions,concerns or want a free estimate on your bathroom mold removal project, please feel free to contact us anytime. We are here to help.
Thank you for visiting our site today !