Watch What You Put Down Your Kitchen Drain
If we told you there was a way you can prevent main line clogs from reoccurring would you believe us?
Well, you should! The Twin Plumbers don’t want you to have to deal with the headache of a sewer line clog, which is why we’re giving you five ways to help prevent it from ever happening to your home again.
How to Prevent Sewer Line Clogs
- Loose strands of hair that you shed during a shower are inevitably going to go down the drain. But, there is a way that you can stop them from clogging it up – install a hair catcher on the shower drain.
- It’s important that you watch what you put down your kitchen drain because your garbage disposal just can’t handle all types of food. Starchy and stringy vegetables, potato peels, and foods with a lot of grease and fat are just some examples of what should never be put into the disposal!
- Here’s an easy one for you: Get some Bio-Clean and use it regularly to treat your drains. Bio-Clean is a safe and effective way to eat away any matter that accumulates in your pipes.
- Your washing machine catches a lot of lint when it cleans your clothes, and too much of it will clog it up. To prevent this, it would be a good idea to install a lint catcher.
- The biggest culprit of sewer main clogs that we see is tree roots, and unfortunately sometimes the only preventative measure you can take is to remove those trees. If you have large trees that are planted close to your home, it might be time to move them elsewhere or just remove them all together.
Hopefully these prevention methods helped, but if you find yourself with a sewer main clog anyway don’t worry – The Twin Plumbers are here to help.
Call The Twins today!